J-1 Exchange Students and Scholars
J-1 students and scholars require a DS-2019 to enter and remain in the United States. They have been selected by an exchange visitor program sponsor and require a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa if outside the United States.
The J-1 Exchange Visitor category was developed to implement the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act (Fulbright-Hayes Act) of 1961. The overall purpose of that Act, and the objective of the Exchange Visitor category, is "to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges."
- Click here for more information on the J-1 Status »
- Click here for more information on J-1 Employment »
J-1 Scholars and Professors
If you would like to apply for a DS-2019 please complete the following form: Application for J1 Scholars and Professors » . Incomplete forms will not be processed.
If you are an exchange student please fully complete the following form: Application for J-1 Exchange Student», Incomplete forms will not be processed.
J-1 Students School of Health and Medical Sciences Only
- If you will participate as part of the formal exchange agreement between Seton Hall University - School of Health and Medical Sciences and your home university, you must complete the following form »
- To be eligible for the J-1 student visa through this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently attending one of the partner universities listed here »
- Have been nominated by your home university to join the exchange program
If your spouse and or child(ren) will accompany you to the United States, please complete the J-2 Dependent Application for each individual. If you would like to apply for a J-2 Dependent DS-2019 please complete the following form: Application for J-2 Dependent DS-2019.
Housing and Residence Life
Find information about housing options on-campus and general campus life information for Seton Hall University.