Global Learning Center
The the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures' Global Learning Center (LLC Global Learning Center or GLC) strives to promote excellence in language acquisition, proficiency in cultural awareness, and opportunities to use technology in a culture of learning and discovery.
Resources for Language Learners
- Free tutoring is available in French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Latin, Ancient Greek and Russian is available upon students’ request.
- Dictionaries, DVDs and books for language learners. Browse our catalog of foreign language reference material and DVDs »
- Flexible space for use by faculty and student groups.
Language Placement Testing
Information about foreign language placement tests to complete degree/core curriculum requirements or study a language can be found here »
Language Resources for Faculty
- Faculty may reserve the workstation area (Fahy Hall 202) or the screening room (Fahy Hall 203B) for small group work, class assignments or directed activities. Please contact the LLC Global Learning Center to make a reservation.
- The LLC Global Learning Center has hundreds of DVDs. VHS tapes, CDs, audio cassettes, books, and LPs available to the Seton Hall community in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and other languages. Search the collection »
- Language Support in Blackboard and Email »
Policies and Procedures
- Screening Room Use
Guidelines for use of the Screening Room in Fahy Hall 203B
- Media Use Copyright and Checkout Policy
World language media check-out and use policy for faculty, staff and students.
Location and Facilities
The LLC Global Learning Center is located in Fahy Hall. The GLC was recently renovated and updated with the support of the Dean's Office of the College of Arts and Sciences and Teaching, Learning and Technology Center (TLTC).